25+ Rosh Hashanah Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year, and although I am not Jewish, I have many friends who are and who will begin celebrating on Sunday evening. Shana Tovah, Friends!
To help with menu planning, I’ve compiled 25+ Rosh Hashanah recipes below. This post is organized as follows:
This is an old video, but helpful if you need guidance shaping a round loaf of challah.
Salads & Vegetables
This is a classic fall salad, a combination of greens, fruit, nuts, and cheese, one that never fails to please. This can be riffed on in countless ways, so adjust to taste with different cheeses, nuts, and fruit.
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 8 to 10 ounces mixed greens
- 2 apples or pears, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette, to taste
- In a small skillet over low heat, toast the pine nuts. Keep the skillet over low heat while you prepare the salad. Once everything is ready to go, you can raise the heat of the skillet, but do not walk away. Remove the pine nuts when they begin to brown lightly and smell toasty.
- Place the greens, apples, cheese, and toasted pine nuts in a serving bowl. Crack pepper over the top to taste. Drizzle with the apple cider vinaigrette to taste. Toss. Adjust with more dressing to taste.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Toss
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple cider vinaigrette, goat cheese, apples, pine nuts